SAMANTHA JADE: Songbird with X factor flying high

THE X Factor juggernaut continues as winner Samantha Jade releases her new single and auditions begin for the new series.

The songstress recorded her single What You’ve Done to Me two weeks ago and it was released the second her name was announced as the winner on the show.

It was played on radio stations around the country yesterday and industry experts predict it will make the top 10 on the Australian charts. 

‘‘I’m so happy with how the single is going. I hope to release more music that people want to listen to,’’ Jade said.

The singer-songwriter had been signed and then dropped by several labels in Australia and the US since she recorded her first songs a decade ago.

Last year she returned to her hometown of Perth and began working at her father’s mining factory counting stock.

‘‘I’ve resigned. I told dad I don’t want to work there again,’’ Jade said yesterday.

On Tuesday night the petite performer became the first female to win the reality show.

‘‘That means a lot to me. I think that’s girl power and it’s good to know that females in this country can do it too,’’ she said.

The next batch of hopefuls are already gearing up for the 2013 The X Factor auditions, starting in Launceston on December1 and  coming to Hunter Stadium, Broadmeadow, on January30.

The 2012 show set a new ratings high for Channel7 and its regional affiliate Prime7.

The grand final delivered the largest audience for the program since Channel 7 resurrected it in 2010.

The announcement of Jade as the winner attracted an average audience of 85,300 in the Newcastle region and almost two million viewers across the capital cities.

The 25-year-old, whose mentor on the show was long-time friend Guy Sebastian, beat off competition from eventual runner-up Jason Owen and third-placed The Collective.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop