A MAN has suffered burns and a second patient is being treated in a blaze which has involved a house, a shed and a motorhome at Maryland.
Emergency crews were called to Minmi Road about 2.15pm and found the house and shed alight.
A man was being treated for burns.
Neighbour Peter Rypstra said he heard multiple explosions and described the flames as being “pretty high” with the heat “blistering off all the paint of the surrounding houses.
Mr Rypstra said the owner of the house was in a “very bad way”.
"He's not real well," he said
"He had burns all over the top half of his body. We just hope he's alright.”
The injured man is believed to be aged 79. He was stabilised at the scene before being taken to John Hunter Hospital with burns to his arms, back, chest and face.
His wife, 76, was treated for chest pains and was transported to John Hunter Hospital.
A burnt out mattress hangs off the side of the neighbouring house.
A Fire and Rescue NSW spokeswoman said crews had the fire in hand.
There was extensive traffic on Minmi Road, which was closed as emergency services responded to the fire.
Traffic was diverted down Maryland Drive.