John Grant's hopes of a truce in rugby league's civil war have taken a hit after NRL clubs refused to return to the negotiating table with the Australian Rugby League Commission.
Enraged by the ARLC reneging on a 12-month-old agreement for extra funding, the clubs were invited to resume funding talks as early as Thursday.
But the NRL issued a joint statement, saying any meetings had been postponed to give both parties time to "consider their options". It's believed the clubs had signalled they would not attend.
An emergency general meeting sparked by the clubs on December 20, at which they plan to move a motion of no confidence against Grant, is still set to proceed.
Meanwhile, two days after a warrant for his arrest was threatened, Semi Radradra has been forced to surrender his passport and will not be allowed to leave Australia.
The Eels winger appeared briefly in Parramatta Local Court to face domestic violence allegations on Wednesday morning.
Radradra, 24, had missed a court appearance on Monday after he flew to Fiji to be with his ailing father who was suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis and asthma.
On Wednesday Magistrate Timothy Keady revoked a condition in Radradra's bail that had allowed him to travel internationally so long as he sought permission, and ordered him to surrender his passport.
Eels chief executive Bernie Gurr insisted Radradra would play for Parramatta in 2017, despite French rugby powerhouse Toulon's claim to have signed him.
"My understanding is that Semi's preference is to stay in the NRL," Gurr said.
Radradra refused to answer any questions from the waiting media upon arrival in Sydney after flying out of Fiji where he was visiting his sick father.
He failed to appear in Parramatta Local Court on Monday to answer three charges of domestic violence brought by his former partner Perina Ting, angering the magistrate who threatened to issue a warrant for his arrest unless he presented to the court.
Gurr refused to speculate on the impact of the matter on Radrada's playing future, saying the club was in "constant dialogue" with the NRL integrity unit.
"The key thing over the last couple of days has been, number one, to get Semi back in the country and, number two, today to face the court," Gurr said.
"So that has absolutely been the priority, to respect that legal process.
"This is a very serious issue.
"We are concerned, but the reality is it's a legal issue now and we just have to support that process and see where it goes."
"The thing for our club is he's contracted through to the 31st of October, 2017.
"So, mate, he'll be with us in '17.
"I spoke to Semi's manager. He definitively said that no contract's been signed."
Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal on Monday insisted Radradra's move was sealed after he signed a one-year contract with an optional second year.
Radradra's manager George Christodoulou was quick to deny the deal was done, saying Toulon had "jumped the gun" in declaring the signature.
Gurr was also critical of Boudjellal.
"It sounds like he went off a bit early, quite frankly," Gurr said.
"I know he [Radradra] had an offer and I spoke to his management about this.
"And the reason they were pursuing that [Toulon move] was really sort of a back-up plan just in case they needed that later in the year.
"But of course that's later in the year. Their competition doesn't start until August."