A PLAN to buy more buses across the state will deliver about 100 extra weekly services in the Hunter, including more runs between Newcastle and its airport.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, in Singleton on Thursday for a community cabinet meeting, revealed this week the government would buy 170 new buses in a boost to the fleet.
Now Secretary for the Hunter Scot MacDonald has offered a greater level of detail on exactly what that will mean for taxpayers standing at the Hunter’s stops.
The extra 100 services per week will run on:
- · Route 130 Fingal Bay to Newcastle via Nelson Bay and Anna Bay
- · Route 166 Cessnock and Kurri Kurri to Stockland Green Hills via Maitland
- · Route 179 North Rothbury to Stockland Green Hills via Maitland
- · Route 262 Cameron Park to Charlestown via Cardiff
- · Route 269 Toronto to Charlestown
- · Route 270 Toronto West to Wallsend via Stockland Glendale
- · Route 275 Morisset to Toronto via Wangi Wangi
“This announcement provides our residents better access to buses, through more frequent and flexible services,” Mr MacDonald said.