CLIFFS above Newcastle’s iconic Bogey Hole will be stabilised in a $240,000 measure announced on Tuesday and billed as the final stage to restoring the convict pool.
Parliamentary Secretary for the Hunter Scot MacDonald said the work rounded out the works to improve public safety.
The first stage finished in December last year.
“This was the most critical stage of work and included the installation of stabilising rock bolts into an overhanging section of cliff, a new rock catch fence above the pool and the repair of the viewing platform fence,” Mr MacDonald said.
“Stage two works will focus on stabilising the eastern access road and supporting retaining wall with rock bolts as well as improving fencing and drainage in the area.”
The work will not hinder swimmers accessing the storied swimming hole.