A NEWCASTLE teenager is one of three to be arrested and charged over the murder of Victorian man Paul Costa in a carjacking gone wrong.
Detectives arrested the Mayfield 16-year-old on Thursday morning, and the boy is expected to be extradited to Victoria on Friday.
Two others, a 17-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man, were also arrested on Thursday in the Melbourne suburb of Thomastown.
All three were charged with one count of murder.
It is understood detectives will allege Mr Costa, a 43-year-old father, was killed in a botched carjacking.
His body, clad in a Ermenegildo Zegna suit, was found by a passer-by in Dunstan Reserve, Brunswick West, just after 8.20am on July 3.
His abandoned car, a red Nissan Patrol, was found four days later about three kilometres away parked on Berry Street, Coburg, in Melbourne’s north, a little over a kilometre from the home he shared with his parents.
He was last seen by his parents leaving their home the night before.
His father Alex Costa thought his son must have had a date when he left dressed in his suit and best dress shoes.
Mr Costa said at the time that the youngest of his four children, who was a father of four himself, was a gentle giant.
“He would never hurt anyone; he would not even hurt a bird,” he said.
Homicide squad Detective Senior Sergeant Steve McIntyre previously said Mr Costa appeared to have been attacked with a weapon, possibly a knife.
It is believed he had defensive stab wounds on his arms.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a confidential report online.