Newcastle captain Mark Littlewood said his Steel side will put a venue change behind them and push towards claiming a spot in the NSW Premier T20 Cup finals.
Traditional home No.1 Sportsground was ruled out this week, meaning the double header against Sydney sides Eastern Suburbs and Manly-Warringah will be played at Waratah Oval.
“From all reports the guys who played there [No.1] on the weekend said the outfield was pretty rough and ready, so it probably wasn’t up to standard to host this sort of fixture,” Littlewood said.
“But Waratah is fantastic and has been really good for a number of years now, so we’re more than happy than that.
“We’ll just play where we are told and get on with it.”
Littlewood said Newcastle were yet to settle on their starting sides for either encounter, but the now 14-man squad was strengthened this week by call-ups for Josh Trappel and Jonty Durrheim.
Newcastle and Easts both won their opening round fixtures last month but Manly have yet to register a win from two outings. Games start at 10am and 2:30pm.
The Steel also meet Sutherland on December 3.