Spanish Onion, Sweet Corn, Bacon and Kale Frittata
Living on a small property with a dozen chickens, Troy is constantly looking for tasty, easy ways to serve his children vegetables from the garden, using eggs freshly laid on site. This one ticks the box.
Togarashi is a very popular Japanese chilli, citrus and seaweed seasoning that is readily available in most supermarkets. But you will find the best quality at your local Asian grocer. Kewpie is the holy grail of mayonnaise … thank us later.
250g Spanish onion, cut into small wedges
200g sweet corn kernels
150g bacon, diced
80g kale, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
8 free range eggs of the best quality
8g sea salt flakes
1 lemon, zested and juice of half
130g crème fraiche
1. Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 170⁰C.
2. Place onions in a quality 25cm non-stick frying pan and sauté over a medium to high heat until soft and slightly blackened.
3. Add diced bacon, butter and garlic to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat.
4. Transfer onion mix into a large bowl, adding the kale and sweet corn. Mix well and return to the same “cleaned” pan.
5. Whisk eggs, crème fraiche, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly into the frying pan with onion mix and place pan into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and just cooked.
1. Serve with halved baby lettuce, lightly dressed in vinaigrette, kewpie mayonnaise and togarashi
Muse Restaurant is located at the Hungerford Hill winery in Pokolbin, NSW. The restaurant is family owned and run by Megan and Troy Rhoades-Brown.
Muse prides itself on being one of the country’s leading regional restaurants, with a focus on supporting and working with the best local produce.
Follow the restaurant’s menu, produce and activity on Instagram: @troymuse or visit the website musedining.com.au to make a reservation.
The Muse Restaurant recipe series was created by, Muse Restaurant owner and restaurateur, Troy Rhoades-Brown and Mitchell Beswick, who is head chef of Muse Restaurant.