One of the technicians forced to swim to safety after a fireworks mishap on New Year’s Eve was back at work on Monday, shaken but unharmed from his ordeal.
He was one of two Ka-Boom Fireworks employees who jumped from a barge that caught alight at Terrigal, after the fireworks began malfunctioning.
The man spent Monday afternoon preparing for another fireworks display with the owner of the Hunter-based company, Milton Skinner.
“When you fall off the horse, you have to get back on,” Mr Skinner said.
“The main thing is that everyone did what they had to do … everyone is fine.”
Mr Skinner established Ka-Boom Fireworks over two decades ago and it has become a major pyrotechnics provider in the Hunter.
This year, it supplied New Year’s Eve fireworks displays to at least 12 locations across the region, including Nelson Bay, Hunter Valley Gardens and Paterson.
In a statement, the company thanked emergency services and stressed there was no risk to the public as a result of Sunday’s incident.