Collingwood AFLW coach Wayne Siekman has welcomed the league's extraordinary memo on game style, saying the directives suit his team.
Siekman's main warning to the Magpies players ahead of Saturday night's match against Fremantle would be to watch out for the policing of the 15m protected zone in front of stoppages.
In the wake of last weekend's opening round of the second season, AFL football operations manager Steve Hocking sent the letter to the eight teams, calling on them to play more attacking and entertaining football.
"The more chance we have one-on-ones, the better we're going to be," Siekman said.
"We encourage it and support it.
"It's great for AFLW - it's in the news and everyone is talking about us.
"Any news is good news, as they say."
The main concern after last weekend's opening round was the Collingwood loss to Carlton, which only featured five goals.
"We want to make this thing bigger and better as soon as we can, so the players get the rewards," Siekman said of the AFLW.
"The only way the players keep getting the rewards is to make it attractive, make the fans keep coming, make the fans keep watching it on the TV.
The 15m area will be a major rule focus for the Magpies ahead of the Fremantle game.
"Certainly the main point is probably the 15m ... we just needed to let the players know that," Siekman said.
"But the rest is what we already did - it's not a big change for us."
A crowd of more than 50,000 is expected for the match at Perth's new Optus Stadium.
The Magpies have trained this week with blaring music to prepare for the noise of the big crowd.
Siekman said his team would be ready, noting last year's lockout season opener against Carlton.
"The really good positive is we played in that massive game last year, the first game, (when) the players couldn't hear themselves," he said.
"We've actually prepared better than last year with that, so we'll be ready to go, and hopefully that's an advantage for our football side."
Australian Associated Press