THOSE fretting about the F3-or-M1 Derby conundrum can rest easy. It’s still the F3 Derby.
Promotional material ahead of tonight’s clash has depicted an M1 roadsign graffitied to read ‘‘F3’’, and Mariners coach Phil Moss has weighed in.
‘‘I know our staff met with the Jets and Football Federation Australia last year and everyone agreed that the F3 Derby name should stay,’’ said Moss.
‘‘As far as I am concerned it will always be the F3 Derby – that’s what it started as nine years ago and that’s what I still look at it as. I know the supporters feel the same and certainly the players do.’’
It brings to mind the ‘‘Joel’’ Griffiths Road graffiti (pictured) of a few years back. With the F3 question settled, though, what are we now meant to call the Mariners’ home ground, Bluetongue Stadium?
Mariner fan warns
MEANWHILE, a Central Coast supporter warns travelling Jets fans not to expect the red carpet, or any of the canapes with Richard Wilkins that go with it.
The bad blood is because a group of Coasties at the last derby at Hunter Stadium copped a blast from a pop-up sprinkler.
‘‘Look how those ungracious Jets treat us Mariners boys,’’ said our Mariners correspondent.
‘‘Fans were singing the ‘bogan’ song, but that’s no reason to pull out the water cannons.’’
He dubbed it the ‘‘Tinkler Sprinkler’’. Will the Mariners seek revenge with a Singleton Spray? A Coastie Cannon? A Jet Stream? Then again, it might just rain.
Lucky country quiz
PICK up a gas bottle, fill up the esky (cans first, then ice) and get ready to cringe – tomorrow’s Australia Day. Here’s a bonus quiz to kick it off. Answers below.
1. Nathan Lyon is singing Under the Southern Cross. What just happened?
2. Did Schapelle do it?
3. Who would win in a fight between Harold Bishop and Alf Stewart?
4. Why can’t you wear a hat in a bowling club?
5. How many Chiko rolls were sold this week?
6. Which Minogue is worth more – Kylie or Danii?
7. Who voiced the fruit bat in the 1992 animated film Fern Gully?
8. Whose catchphrase is ‘‘she goes, she goes, she goes … she just goes’’?
9. Who was the first Aboriginal man to graduate Sydney University, first head a government department and first to play for a top-flight English soccer club?
10. In The Simpsons episode Bart vs. Australia, what punishment does Parliament devise for Bart?
1.Australia just won in the cricket. 2.No way. But you’d notice four extra kilos in your boogie board bag, wouldn’t you? 3.No one. They’d come to their senses, guilty about what Madge and Ailsa would say. 4.No one knows. Out of respect for bowling? 5.352,000, according to Chiko. 6.Kylie: $75 million; Danii: $22 million. Source: Celebritynetworth.com 7.Robin Williams 8.Kylie Mole 9.Charles Perkins (Sydney Uni; Dept Aboriginal Affairs; Everton FC) 10.A kick up the backside with a giant boot.
If you correctly answered:
Seven to 10: Straya!
Three to six: You don’t seem to love it. Better leave it.
Fewer than three: F*** off. We’re full.