Herbivores, carnivores, locavores and more! Newcastle has the foodie hangout for you. Whether you are chasing a chilled out cafe, classy bistro or to chow down on some hearty dude-food, the best of Hunter cuisine is right here.
Over several months, the Herald’s food reviewers have collected and tried just about everything on the menu. This is their verdict.
Click through the images to check out a review, or take a virtual tour of the local foodie scene below.
More from the Hunter’s food scene
- These are the Newcastle baristas making coffee more than just a day job
- This is the best coffee in Newcastle (trust us! We’re baristas)
- Here’s a legendary sandwich making a name for itself in Newcastle
- Stunning photos from inside the kitchen at Circa 1876
- The upstart local kitchen making a name for itself with big flavour