Last week I experienced the brilliant mind, charisma and inspiration of Simon Sinek. He is evolving his project The Game of Business.
It goes something like this:
- Businesses are either playing in a finite or infinite space
- Finite businesses have fixed rules and objectives
- Infinite businesses have no fixed rules, they are playing to keep the business going
- Finite players play to win and are obsessed with their competition
- Infinite players strive to be better than they were the day before, rather than to be better than their competition
- Infinite businesses are building for a cause/purpose/why and operate through their values
- Infinite players never lose momentum or their capacity for innovation
As Simon says, “If you live a life built on the infinite, you look for opportunity beyond that which you can measure”.