Soap dispenser to phone charging station
- Rinse out an empty hand soap dispenser and remove the lid.
- Use a marker to trace a circle near the taper of the bottle the size of your phone charger’s cable where it attaches to the wall socket.
- Sketch a second line around 0.5 centimeters above the circle and around the top of the bottle.
- Cut along the line and remove the centre of the centre of the circle.
- Fit your charging cable through the front of the loop and into the wall socket.
Plastic bottle becomes a watering can
- Rinse out a large plastic bottle with warm water.
- Use a push pin to make several holes in the bottle cap.
- Fill the bottle with water and refit the cap firmly.
Plastic bottle transformed into self-watering potted plant
- Take a 1.25 litre plastic bottle and make an incision near where the plastic tapers towards the cap.
- Remove the top part of the bottle.
- Remove the cap and make a small hole in the centre.
- Thread wool or baling twine through the hole and replace the cap on the top part of the bottle.
- Fill the bottom part of the bottle with water.
- Fit the tapered end of the top part of the bottle into the bottom part of the bottle ensuring that the thread is saturated.
- Fill the top part of the bottle with potting mix.
- Install a plant in the soil and add a small amount of water.
GLASS JARS AND TIN CANS
Here’s a crafty trick using off-cut fabric to give glass jars a new lease of life in your home.
And this clever trick will turn tin cans into artsy storage around your home
Thinking of throwing out those empty paper rolls – wait until you see this!