A new exciting concept in Seniors Living is coming to Newcastle.
It’s called Cameron Glen, and combines the three tiers of traditional Seniors Living:
- the lifestyle and independence of Independent Living villages;
- the domestic services of Assisted Living villages;
- and the care services of Aged Care centres.
All with your own villa unit in one village. There is nothing like this in Newcastle.
The advantages of such a village include:
- Couples stay together regardless of each individuals health care needs
- You have your own home with a full kitchen and a community centre kitchen for meals
- No ACAT or means testing involved but you can obtain or bring your ACAT funding
- You choose and change the type and level of domestic and care services as you need
- On-site Nursing staff available to provide care services 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- The village can cater for non-violent dementia and palliative care
- You don’t have to move from one villa unit or village to another as your needs change
- It should only be necessary to pay a deferred management fee once in your life
Meals will be available for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week in the Community Centre dining room at very affordable prices for residents who don’t wish to cook, and a fully catered morning tea will be served every day free of charge for all residents.
The Community Centre is also used for resident activities like exercise classes, bingo, craft sessions, movie nights and visiting entertainers. There is a village bus for regular shopping trips and outings.
The Nursing staff provide 24/7 care in the home of residents.
Some residents won’t need any care. Some may only need help getting started in the morning with showering and dressing and medication supervision. Some may require high care.
Residents live in their own fully self-contained villa unit.
This can be either one, two or three bedrooms, with either one or two bathrooms.
The units come fully equipped with all appliances. Each unit has its own sunny, private rear courtyard.
Cameron Glen will be a fully accredited Approved Aged Care provider that can facilitate access to Government Funded Home Care packages for residents.
The team behind Cameron Glen understand that seniors want to live as independently as possible but also feel they are independent, in control, maintain their dignity and self-worth.
They want to live in their own home and receive all the domestic and care support they need.
This is what Cameron Glen provides. This is what makes Cameron Glen unique.
Cameron Glen is very different to any other Seniors’ Living complex.
It offers the freedom and the independence of a retirement village with all the support of a traditional aged care facility.
Call 4958 8880 today for your information pack.