Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
You’ll need 12 bamboo skewers for this recipe.
- 12 large green king prawns
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and shredded
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup small mint leaves
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup snow pea tendrils* or snow pea sprouts (optional)
- Grilled lime halves, to serve
- Lime dressing:
- 100ml lime juice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbs caster sugar
* snow pea tendrils are delicate leafy leaves from the snow pea plant available from some greengrocers.
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 10 minutes. Thread prawns lengthways onto skewers. Spray with oil.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Arrange cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, green onions, coriander, mint, chillies, peanuts and snow pea tendrils on a serving platter.
- Preheat a char-grill or barbecue plate on medium-high. Char-grill or barbecue prawns, turning once, for 4-5 minutes until just cooked through.
- Drizzle salad with dressing. Serve with prawns and grilled lime and/or finger limes.
For more fresh fruit and vegie recipes visit Sydney Markets.