Mario Shabow will be playing in the A-League next season, but not in Newcastle Jets colours after joining rivals the Central Coast Mariners.
Announcements regarding the 20-year-old attacker’s career were made by both clubs on Thursday morning.
The Jets released a statement saying the final season of Shabow’s two-year contract had been mutually terminated.
The Mariners then followed with the unveiling of the former Australian under-20 representative as a new recruit until the end of 2019-2020.
“I’m really excited to get started at the Mariners,” Shabow, who made seven appearances for the Jets in 2017-2018, told Mariners media.
“It was a tough season for me in regards to game time, so I am so motivated to get out there and show everyone what I’m capable of.
“This is a new challenge for me and that’s what I’m looking forward to. I want to work hard at training, be a consistent starting player and do everything I can to take the team forward. I’ve heard so many good things about the club and the Central Coast so I can’t wait to get there and meet all the boys.
“I’m ambitious, I’m very hard working and most importantly I’m a winner.”
The Jets thanked Shabow for his efforts helping Newcastle finish second in the league and reach the most recent grand final.
“The Newcastle Jets would like to thank Mario for his contribution to the club and wish him the very best with his future endeavours,” the A-League club said.