Star Struck celebrates its 26th anniversary in 2018 and the theme for this year is “Connect”, exploring the vital connections our public schools students need throughout their childhood to develop into happy, unique, confident individuals
Over 3500 students from more than 120 Hunter primary and secondary state schools come together to produce this high quality professionally staged regional event.
The production is presented by the Hunter area of the NSW Department of Education and Communities, and is made possible by an army of volunteering school teachers and other helpers.
Herald photographers Jonathan Carroll and Marina Neil attended the final dress rehearsal. View their mega gallery at www.theherald.com.au.
Star Struck Director Annie Devine introduces this year's 26th anniversary schools spectacular
The Hunter and Central Coast schools’ annual performing arts extravaganza Star Struck reaches out in 2018 to Connect.
As a celebration of Star Struck’s 26th year of production, Connect explores the vital connections that our public schools students need throughout their childhood to develop into happy, unique, confident individuals.
Young men and women who aren’t afraid to be themselves, who are brave, creative and free to be themselves.
Connectedness allows our students to feel that sense of belonging.
Connect will take the audience on a journey that explores the vital connections our public school students have throughout their lives and how these connections shape our journey as babies, children, teens and then as adults.
We connect to family, friends, culture, the environment, the land and the world. We connect through communication, technology, love, music, dance and drama.
We sometimes disconnect too and are brought back by reconnecting.
- Star Struck 2018 – Connect. Performing at Newcastle Entertainment Centre; Friday, June 15, 10.30am and 7pm; Saturday June 16. 2pm and 7pm
- Tickets are available through Ticketek. Info firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal sponsor - Glencore
- Media sponsors - NEWFM, 2HD and The Newcastle Herald
- Platinum sponsor - Hunter Dance Festival
- Gold sponsors - Newcastle School Portraits and Newcastle Stevedores
- Silver sponsors - Newcastle City Council, BME Group and Teachers Mutual Bank
- Bronze sponsors - Australian Dance and Talent Centre, Hunter Valley Buses, Maitland City Council and Wests.
- Megastar sponsors - Shield’s Auto Repair and Lake Macquarie City Council
- Product sponsors - Allied Pickfords, Dumb Luck Productions, 4th Wall Productions, Newcastle Basketball, Newcastle Executive Apartments, Scion Audio, Spotlight Newcastle, The Forum, University, Newcastle Entertainment Centre and Westfield Kotara.