Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards celebrated the outstanding success of local businesses at Belmont 16s on Saturday, July 28
Eleven different businesses were announced as winners across 14 categories focusing on areas such as excellence in small business, digital technology, social enterprise, customer service, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Precision Taxation Accounting & Management (PTAM) took out top honours as Business of the Year.
Ian Jones, from Merchant Business Brokers, was awarded Business Leader of the Year while Gunther Neumann, from Remondis, won Young Business Executive.
Sponsored by Dantia and SafeWork NSW, the 2018 Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards Gala Dinner attracted a sell-out crowd of close to 400 business people from across the city.
The Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards are an initiative of the Business Growth Centre.
The aim of the awards is to recognise businesses operating within the City of Lake Macquarie who provide exemplary products, services and so much more.
Graeme Cotton, chief executive officer of the Business Growth Centre, was extremely pleased with the results.
“Being my first awards, I have been really impressed with the quality of the entries, and I feel the judges have done a marvellous job in identifying the best of Lake Macquarie’s businesses,” he said.
- Customer Service by Whole Business – Hunter Eco Plumbing
- Customer Service by an Individual – Kelly Eke – Precision Taxation Accounting & Management
- Excellence in Innovation – Design Anthology
- Start-Up Superstar – A Growing Understanding
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur – Matt Purcell – The Green Room MP
- Small Business (-20 FTEs) – Mama-P Health Foods
- Excellence in Digital Technology – Precision Taxation Accounting & Management
- Excellence in Sustainability – Solar Power Australia Pty Ltd
- Contribution to the Region – Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service
- Excellence in Social Enterprise – Police & Citizens Youth Clubs NSW – Morisset Club
- Excellence in Work, Health and Safety – Charlestown Caring Group
- Young Business Executive – Gunther Neumann – Remondis
- Business Leader of the Year – Ian Jones – Merchant Business Brokers
- Business of the Year – Precision Taxation Accounting & Management – Principal, Peter McCarthy