Much is written about the future of work.
The term alone, infers that the future is out there.
Something we need to read up about and slowly implement as we see fit.
We don’t see it that way.
Here are just some of the ways we live the future:
- We design our service offerings around our people, not the other way
- Ensure our team gets together with flexibility
- Discern about clients we want to work with
- Truly work in our sweet spot using our skillsets
- Say no to more consultants than we say yes to, ensuring brand integrity
- Always have more than one person working with a client
- Have a business model that can scale quickly
- Use tech for all it does best. Humans for what they do best
The future is proactively designing and reshaping work and workplaces to accommodate human needs.
Have a think, are you doing these things?
Michelle Crawford is founder of Newcastle-based human resources firm Being More Human.