One of two lanes are closed north and southbound on the Pacific Highway after a truck rollover in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Emergency services arrived on the scene around 3am where they found the male driver trapped in the cabin.
Crews worked for around an hour to free the man who had suffered multiple injuries.
Four NSW Ambulance crews and a helicopter were tasked to the scene, where paramedics treated the man for head and pelvic injuries, as well as a fractured arm.
The man was transported to John Hunter Hospital in a serious condition.
Drivers travelling north have been urged to slow down and take caution to avoid crash debris, which was being cleared from the roadway.
In the news
- Police arrest man during ongoing inquires into death of Wollongong mum Kristie Powell
- Major climate report expected to call for coal shut-down by 2050
- Hunter-Central Coast sushi outlets make up more than half businesses busted in Fair Work operation across NSW, Queensland, ACT
- Man charged after series of police chases from Bundaberg to Hexham
- Controversial Bylong mine "approvable" despite landmark report urging severe coal cuts over next decade