NEWCASTLE Herald website subscribers have a chance to win a cruise holiday through the far east.
The prize is for two people on the Viking Orion Far East Discovery cruise. The cruise goes for 15 days from Hong Kong to Beijing. The winner will depart September 20, 2019 onboard Viking Orion in a deluxe verandah twin share room courtesy of Cruise Travel Centre and Viking Cruises.
The prize also includes two return economy class airfares from Sydney to Hong Kong and from Beijing to Sydney on Qantas Airways.
For full itinerary details please visit vikingcruises.com.au.
If you are a website subscriber, simply fill in this form and answer the question, for your chance to win.
All new and current website subscribers can enter. Terms and conditions apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit.
2. Employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
The promoter is Newcastle Newspapers Pty Limited ABN 46 000 003 967 of 28 Honeysuckle Drive , Newcastle , NSW, 2300, 02 4979 5000
4. Winners of the competition must be 18 years old and over and residents of Australia. The judges decision is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.The promoter reserves the right to request proof of eligibility. In the event that an entrant cannot provide satisfactory proof, the promoter may,in its absolute discretion, disqualify the entrant. All new and current Newcastle Herald website subscribers can enter this competition.
5. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
6. The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. The prize cannot be exchanged for another itinerary. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Both parties must travel together.
7. The promoter reserves the right to substitute any component of the prize for an itinerary of equal value at their discretion.
8. Prize cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner not being able to travel. Should the winner not be able to complete all aspects of the itinerary within the period of prize validity, the remaining items shall be forfeited without any replacement for their value. Prize winners will be required to agree to and sign Viking Cruises booking conditions when booking the travel prize, otherwise prize will be forfeited.
9. The winner is required to obtain the relevant and; suitable travel insurance at their own expense in order to be able to take the competition prize. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to, valid passports, visas, and health requirements, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s. The prize does not include transfers to Sydney Airport.
10. On acceptance of the competition prize, the winner acknowledges that they have read and agreed to Viking Cruises booking conditions
11. Prize is non-changeable,non-transferable and not redeemable for cash and/or cruise credits. The prize is based on double occupancy for 2 people on the Viking Orion Far East Discovery cruise,15 days Hong Kong to Beijing cruise departing 20 September 2019. Accommodation will be provided in a Deluxe Verandah (DV1 ) twin share room . 2 x return economy class airfares from Sydney to Hong Kong and from Beijing to Sydney on Qantas Airways are also included in the prize. For full itinerary details please visit vikingcruises.com.au.
12. All travel arrangements will be coordinated with Cruise Travel Centre-Westfield Kotara and/or Stockland Green Hills, the Hunter Region’s only Cruise Specialists. Any additional spending money, flights, meals, insurance, taxes, passports, visas, extra accommodation, items of a personal nature, inoculations, travel to and from departure point, additions to stipulated itineraries and offered flights and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
13.The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
14. The prize is subject to availability as determined by Viking Cruises.
15.The prize is valued at approximately $28,285.
16. Promotion commences 10/11/18 Entries close 9am 10/12 /18
17. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
18. The information you are asked to provide to the Newcastle Newspapers Pty Limited is personal information and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988.
19. All entries become the property of the promoter. The promoter may use the entrant’s names and literary pieces for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
21. Entries will be judged at Newcastle Newspapers Pty Limited , 28 Honeysuckle Drive , Newcastle , NSW 2300 and the winner’s name will be published on 15/12/18
Each entry will be judged at the discretion of the judges based on creativity,originality and overall stand out of the entry .The judges decision is final and the promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result.
22. The winner will be contacted by phone and notified in writing by email within thirty (30) working days of the conclusion of the competition in regards to travel arrangements and booking details