A man has been refused bail after he was allegedly discovered in possession of methylamphetamine, cash, and weapons including an unauthorised firearm in the Hunter region on Tuesday.
NSW Police stopped a white Hyundai Sedan around 12.50pm and, after conducting a vehicle search, discovered a package they say contained the drug ice.
Police also allege the 38 year-old driver was in possession of more than $1800 in cash, as well as a number of weapons including a knuckleduster, a knife and a gun.
The man was arrested and taken to Raymond Terrace Police Station where he was charged with possessing an unauthorised pistol, supplying a prohibited drug, dealing with the proceeds of crime, possessing a prohibited weapon and custody of a knife.
The man was refused bail and is expected to appear in Raymond Terrace Local Court on Monday, May 6.
In the news
- Finnegan's Hotel applies for lockout time to be pushed back
- Hunter highway patrol police slam continued risky behaviour on region's roads
- Funding impasse sinks Newcastle cruise terminal
- Knights coach Nathan Brown labels his playing group "tame" in response to suggestions a boozy culture is impacting their season
- Jets coach Ernie Merrick rules out farewell matches for departing players