Trains on the Newcastle and Central Coast lines were delayed around 20 minutes during commuting time Wednesday morning after reports of a car crash near Hamilton station.
Around 8.05am, NSW Ambulance were called to Beaumont Street after reports a car had collided with a barrier near the station. A spokesperson for the Ambulance said no one was injured as a result of the crash.
The incident has caused delays on the Newcastle, Central Coast and Hunter lines.
A spokesperson for the NSW Transport Management Centre confirmed there had been a collision with infrastructure at near the station. Trains were understood to be moving, but must ravel slowly through the crossing where the incident occurred, the spokesperson said.
In a seperate incident across town, southbound traffic is delayed at Jesmond after a crash involving three vehicles near the roundabout at the Newcastle Inner City bypass and Newcastle roads. Emergency services and roads and maritime services are responding. Drivers have been urged to drive cautiously around the scene.
In the news
- Mystery surrounds who owns prestige wine stash as police drop $5m heist investigation and claim recovered collection is worthless
- Pelican Cafe owner says regular customer, not staff member, involved in alleged incident with Married At First Site star Cyrell Paule at Shoal Bay
- Man on trial for killing severely disabled nine-year-old daughter
- Danny Buderus says Connor Watson's success as a hooker long term will come down to whether he wants to play there
- Busiest quarter on record for NSW emergency departments during January to March, Bureau of Health Information report shows