A kayaker was rescued from the water off Magenta at Tuggerah Lake Tuesday after a search by the local Marine Rescue unit.
Rescuers were called on around 10pm to assist with a police search on the water to locate the man who, it was believed, had capsized his vessel.
The crew of Tuggerah Lakes 20 located the man after a short search, a spokesperson for Marine Rescue said on Friday, and he was taken to Marine Rescue Peel Street Base Toukley where police and paramedics attended.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment of hypothermia.
In a seperate incident on Friday morning, Westpac Rescue Helicopter were called to standby after a personal locator beacon was activated around 10 nautical miles off the coast of Newcastle.
A spokesperson for the Australian Marine Safety Authority said the beacon was activated just before 8am for a very short time before it was switched off and the signal was lost.
Marine Safety contacted the registered owner and found that the beacon had been reported stolen.
The helicopter crew were stood down shortly after.
In the news
- Stockton bridge fatal crash: David John Evans guilty of causing crash that killed Joseph Gregory Cordner
- Dragline operator Peter Constable's 50th anniversary working at Hunter Valley Operations
- Transport for NSW reveals $1.4 million in fines issued on Hunter public transport in past year
- Wests Group ownership proving good fit for Knights
- Newcastle MP Tim Crakanthorp lists priorities ahead of NSW government budget